Go Back   Singapore Web Hosting Talk > TECHNICAL > Technical Forum

Technical Forum Technical issues like configuring, optimizing and building dedicated web hosting servers and more.

Old 16-03-2012, 10:19   #1
applestraw
SGWHT Newbie

applestraw is on a distinguished road
Problem with ws_ftp95 and database

i have a website on the internet, it is done via ws_ftp95,

i have to do a contact form that can let submittors to cancel their submission after sending, also submission to sent to email. The email part i figured that there is no way, if anybody know, pls tell me! So for now i had done it with phpmyadmin the database, i have xampp, it can work in localhost but when i put in ws_ftp95 it showed me an error page: Could not connect: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

I had tried changing around with the privelleges and coding. I also tried uploading sql file to ws_ftp95.

Please help me!
applestraw is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 20-03-2012, 10:56   #2
jahja
SGWHT Newbie

jahja is on a distinguished road
re: contact form in php

Quote:
Originally Posted by applestraw View Post
i have a website on the internet, it is done via ws_ftp95,

i have to do a contact form that can let submittors to cancel their submission after sending, also submission to sent to email. The email part i figured that there is no way, if anybody know, pls tell me! So for now i had done it with phpmyadmin the database, i have xampp, it can work in localhost but when i put in ws_ftp95 it showed me an error page: Could not connect: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

I had tried changing around with the privelleges and coding. I also tried uploading sql file to ws_ftp95.

Please help me!
1. Email example please take a look http://php.net/manual/en/function.mail.php

2. This is typical of newbie mistake, when transferring from pc to server. You have to change the database configuration of contact form. Change the server address, username, password and database name.
jahja is offline   Reply With Quote